9/20/2006

New Constitution

I am resurrecting an idea from not long ago. I had planned to write a new constitution of the united states. I am not going to write the whole thing in one post because A: it isn't finished, and B: it would be a really long post. So I will write what I finish when it happens. Today we start with the preamble. If you don't have the original one memorized, get out a copy so you can see what I would change. I encourage comments, especially if you disagree with any portion of it.

Preamble

We the people of the United States, in order to insure equality among the States and among the citizens of the States, provide for the common defense, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

1 comment:

Fishfrog said...

I like that you added specificity and removed some meaningless prose. Good start.