7/07/2006

Dorian Gray

So my latest book is the picture of dorian gray by oscar wilde. I havent finished it yet, but it has got me thinking. Today I got a gift from my sister. A nice beach towel with a picture of a tiger on it. Now for those of you who dont know, I love tigers. The first thing I said was, this is awesome, I am never going to use it. But then I started to think. If I use it, it will get ruined and faded much more quickly and soon I will not have it anymore. However, if I dont use it, I will rarely see it and not get as much joy from it, but I will continue the joy of possession longer. I know it is a classic case of you cant have your cake and eat it too. So what are you? Are you a haver or an eater? I still havent decided what I am but it is an interesting decision to make. Now this does relate back to Dorian Gray, but you have to read the book yourself to figure out how and why.

No comments: